In 2016 the IIPC is organising two back-to-back events in the spring hosted by the Landsbókasafn Íslands – Háskólabókasafn (National and University Library of Iceland) in Reykjavík, Iceland:
- IIPC General Assembly 2016, 11-12 April – Free (open for members only)
- IIPC Web Archiving Conference 2016, 13-15 April – Free (open to anyone)
The IIPC is seeking proposals for presentations and workshops for the 2016 IIPC Web Archiving Conference (13 – 15 April 2016). Members of the IIPC are also encouraged to submit proposals for the IIPC General Assembly (11 & 12 April 2016).
Proposals may cover any aspect of web archiving. The following is a non-exhaustive list of possible topics:
Policy and Practice
- Harvesting, preservation, and/or access
- Collection development
- Copyright and privacy
- Legal and ethical concerns
- Programmatic organization and management
- Research using web archives
- Tools and approaches
- Initiatives, platforms, and collaborations
- New/updated tools for any part of the lifecycle
- Application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Current and future landscape
Individual presentations can be a maximum of 20 mins. A panel session can be a maximum of 60 minutes with 2 or more presentations on a topic. A discussion session should include one or more introductory statements followed by a moderated discussion. Workshops can be up to a half-day in length; please include details on the proposed structure, content, and target audience.
Abstracts should include the name of the speaker(s), a title, theme and be no more than 300 words. All abstracts should be in English.
The deadline for submissions is 17 December 2015. All submissions will be reviewed by the Programme Committee and submitters will be notified by mid-January 2016.